SENIOR SGBV PREVENTION AND ADVOCACY OFFICER (Luapula Province) - I NGO
The Senior SGBV Prevention and Advocacy Officer (SP&AO) will provide technical direction to the program and will oversee the development and execution of NCA’s SGBV prevention and advocacy work in the Natwampane programme. SP&AO is also responsible for the documentation of stories of change and sharing of best practices. The SP&AO will work with Advisors in the dissemination of IEC/SBCC materials in collaboration with NCA’s partners. Write and distribute content to promote an organization’s brand, activities, or products.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Provide guidance and ongoing support and technical assistance on the design and implementation and monitoring of all program areas for prevention and advocacy to identify and establish high-quality preventive programmes
- Planning and implementation of awareness-raising activities for various programme work/or campaigns Coordination and mobilization of partners and relevant stakeholders on influencing public policy and government interventions as needed in various programmatic work.
- Creation of materials to facilitate SGBV prevention activities including training manuals, instructor handouts, instructor guidance notes, agendas/programmes, pre and post-tests etc.
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for gender-sensitive programming, and anti-SGBV policies.
- Facilitating coordination between Gender Task Force focal points and related departments to ensure tangible progress on the implementation of gender policies and mainstreaming strategies.
- Support formation of strong GBV survivor networks for youth, men and women and document best practices on economic strengthening activities as well as the impact of using men as agents of change in stamping out GBV.
- Develop content and supervise the production process of the project IEC materials
Liaising with media through BCC Media action, and identifying interventions to capacitate them as champions against SGBV.
- Liaise with lifeline (Childline) on Advocacy issues and promotion of their Toll-free lines.
Represent the organization at key events for advancement and strengthening of our core work with a focus on SGBV.
- Prepare monthly reports on prevention and advocacy activities
- Produce researched advocacy papers on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate and support communication and visibility activities in Luapula Province with technical support and supervision from the Senior Communications Officer based in Lusaka
Required Skills and Abilities
- An honest and accountable person with resources
- Excellent Communications Skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Analytical and Report Writing Skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Good Community Engagement skills
- Excellent Public Relations Skills
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or Communications; Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- At least a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar environment.
- At least a minimum of 3 years of experience in Gender / SGBV-related work in Prevention and/or Advocacy Programmes/ Initiatives.
- Must have proven experience in Community Engagement in a rural set-up
- Knowledge of the NGO (Non-Governmental Organisation) sector.
- Fluency in English and Bemba is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Content management systems, and social media platforms.
you meet the hiring requirements for any of the above positions, please
email your CV in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary
expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org & copy in
Note that, all communications will be
kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication
within 30 working days of the closing date of the advert, please
consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE