The Head Chef will be responsible for controlling and directing the food preparation process, approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer, Creating menu items, and recipes and developing dishes ensuring variety and quality. Train staff to use new recipes, cooking techniques and equipment, and oversee cooks performing food preparation. Ultimately will be responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Oversee the delivery of food supplies, prepare special dishes, and supervise overall kitchen operations during dinner service.
- Oversees the daily operations of the restaurant and kitchen.
- Take the lead in hiring, training, overseeing kitchen staff, and ensuring a high-quality, cost-effective product.
- Ensuring promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks' tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentations.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers.
- Working with the Procurement Officer, performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for Restaurant and Kitchen staff.
- Develop Strategies for obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Outstanding cooking skills (Local & Internation Dishes)
- Good oral and written communication
- Real creativity when it comes to food.
- Ability to create menus that are innovative and profitable.
- Deep understanding of ingredients and produce.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Excellent leadership and management.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
- Ability to produce excellent high-quality food
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Diploma or Degree in Culinary or Food Management
- Qualified Chefs with Culinary /Food Management Certifications can also suffice
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years of experience in the same or similar position with a Top Hotel/Lodge or Well Established Restaurant in a busy location
- Advanced knowledge of Food Professional Principles and Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory will be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of all sections of the Kitchen
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE