We are recruiting Hardworking and Reliable Gardeners for one of our Clients in the FMCG Sector.
The Gardener will perform a range of various General Worker labouring tasks to comprise Gardening, Cleaning and Maintenance the assigned location outdoor grounds ensuring that the condition and appearance of the external grounds, lawns and other areas are free from trash, liter, debris, weeds and that they are maintained at the highest standard.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Planting new trees, servicing garden machinery, conducting regular pruning and advising management of cost-effective methods.
- Take charge of the outdoor grounds ensuring that the condition and appearance of the external grounds, lawns and other areas are free from trash, litter, debris, weeds and are maintained to the highest standard.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must have a friendly and professional personality
- Sober minded
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Trust-worthy and honest
- Average analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Creative Skills
- Dedicated to duty
- In-depth knowledge of effective gardening techniques.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 9 School Certificate
- Grade 12 Full Certificate will be an added advantage
- Must have vast experience and expertise in Gardening tasks of at least 3-5 years
- Must have a cleaner record working as a Gardener
- Should be physically fit and able to manage small and heavy loads
- Landscaping working experience will be a plus
- Ability to handle a range of nursery machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE