The Risk and Compliance Officer will ensure that Company is adhering to its Compliance Management Policies and Framework and all Central Bank and other compliance reporting/filing requirements (i.e. Companies Act, Business Licencing, Immigration, Anti-Money Laundering etc.). Participate in developing, advising, implementing, and updating compliance policies, processes, and tools.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Provide effective and efficient day-to-day oversight of the Compliance section; Act as the secondary liaison between Senior Management and the Central Bank, together with other applicable regulatory bodies as deemed appropriate, in all matters of compliance.
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance reports are submitted to the Central Bank and other applicable regulatory bodies as required in accordance with their requirements;
- Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of the Company Register and Share Certificates;
- Support Executive / Senior Management and the Risk Management Committee with oversight and implementation of the Company Risk Management Policies and Framework
- Support Executive / Senior Management and the Risk Management Committee in the achievement of full compliance with the Central Bank and all other applicable regulatory body regulations and guidelines.
- Develop, implement and administer a compliance tracking and reporting program (i.e. activity plan and reporting tool) to ensure all such regulatory reporting/filing requirements are adhered to in a timely and accurate manner;
- Plan, organize, and control the day-to-day administrative compliance reporting/filing activities; Collaborate with internal and external auditors relating to all applicable regulatory body compliance issues.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate follow-up and correction of deficiencies noted in the Internal Audit Reports (minor, moderate and major), External Audit Reports and Central Bank Examination Reports.
- Report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance highlight or escalate areas of concern
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organization
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
Required Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Communication Skills (speaking, listening, and writing)
- Good Compliance and Risk Management skills
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Good documentation and presentation skills.
- Confident, assertive, trustworthy, fair judgment, high degree of integrity, and initiative.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance/Business or Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Must have a minimum of at least 3 -5 years progressively experience in Risk, Compliance and Internal Controls with a Commercial Bank or LeadingMicro-fin/ Financial Institution.
- Must have proven experience in Compliance/Risk Management
- Must have knowledge of microfinance best practices, corporate governance and Central Bank / other applicable regulatory body regulations
- Must have proven Compliance and Risk Management work experience in a Commercial Bank or well-established Micro Financial Institution
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE