Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Diakonia Zambia Country Office to assist in the identification and recruitment of qualified and competent professionals in the NGO sector. These positions will be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
Diakonia is a Swedish faith-based international development organization with the mission and overall goal of changing unfair political, economic, social, and cultural structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression, and violence. Diakonia has about 400 partner organizations in 30 countries. In Sub-Saharan, Africa Diakonia employs over 100 staff at country offices in Mozambique, DRC, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Mali and Burkina Faso; and the Regional Office in Kenya. Diakonia’s Africa programmes are currently funded by Sweden, Swedish individual sponsors, EU, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Switzerland, UN agencies and private foundations.
Diakonia’s work focuses on human rights, democracy and gender justice as the best way to contribute to eradicating poverty, inequality, oppression and violence. Diakonia further works to support people of all genders and ages in claiming power and resources. As climate change, environmental degradation, and conflict undermine development gains and increase vulnerabilities, these perspectives permeate into all Diakonia’s work.
The Grants Compliance Officer at the Country Office will play a key role in providing technical support to partner organizations, ensuring their compliance with Diakonia policies, as well as funding and reporting requirements from inception to contract closure in accordance with grant agreements and other appropriate protocols. Under the overall oversight and support of the Management Team, s/he will report to the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) and work closely with the team of Programme Officers to manage the partner projects.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Review work plans and budget from partners to ensure compliance with Diakonia’s planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) policy guidelines
- Ensure implementation of donor reporting requirements by partners
- Facilitate and process grant payments to partners, obtain and record grant payment receipts in accordance with PME guidelines.
- Receive and assess financial reports from partners and ensure compliance with PME handbook requirements on proper reporting of expenditures, invoicing, procurement and asset management
- Receive and assess audited financial reports, including management letters from partners
- Ensure compliance of partner projects in Diakonia’s web-based project handling systems.
- Provide guidance and facilitate for partner institutional capacity development and strengthening.
- Ensuring partner organizations implement projects/ programmes effectively, efficiently and sustainably
- Prepare grant financial reports in relation to the allocated programme funds.
- Monitor adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures.
- Support the coordination, planning, and execution of annual audits from partner organizations
- Track partner grants disbursement and expenditure and provides internal reporting schedules.
- Monitor partner compliance conducts field office and site visits to ensure consistency with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and performance measures.
- Conduct risk assessment of partners, identify and mitigate risks in close consultation with country office team and partners. Post financial data into the ledger and maintain custody of scanned payment vouchers monthly.
- Maintain up to date assets register including undertaking annual asset inventory.
- Maintain a monitoring log in respect of financial information due from partner organizations
- Review partner procurement processes and ensure that purchases comply with policy guidelines
Liaise with procurement unit to provide sound advice on procurement actions
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Oral)High level of integrity and Accountability
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Analytical and Report Writing Skills
- Demonstrates consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Team Player and ability to facilitate teamwork
- Good organisational, analytical and effective interpersonal skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive attitude.
- Ability to be tact, discrete, remain calm, in control and good-humoured under pressure.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Equivalent Qualification
- Must have Full Professional Qualifications (ACCA/CIMA/CA Zambia)
- At least a minimum of 4-5 years of NGO Finance, Compliance and administration experience gained from a Non-Profit Organization Handling Donor Funds,
- Must have proven experience in Grant and Compliance Management with an International NGO
- Member of ZICA
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE