The Human Resources Officer's primary role entails
assisting the Head of Department in the running of the department with a
larger emphasis on Training, Performance
Management, Industrial Relations and all Employment Cycle activities.
Monitor and address all Employee welfare, safety and recreation-related
matters in accordance with the Bank Health and Safety Policies.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor and conduct Training and Development programmes as per the approved annual training calendar and budget.
- Monitor participation and completion of assignments on the bank's e-learning portal.
- Generate e-learning portal reports.
- Prepare certificates for each training conducted by the Bank and ensure
the same is placed on respective Personnel hardcopy files &
- Ensure that training is conducted according to the standards, practices and policies set by the Bank.
- Ensure training attendance certificates are prepared for all those who successfully completed training courses.
- Process approvals in the HRMS portal as per authorized level.
- Administer by attending to all HRMS queries from stakeholders in liaison with the developing team.
- Assist the Head of HR in collating feedback and identifying improvements to the performance management process.
- Assist the Head of HR in administering and enhancing the Performance management system
- Providing guidance to staff and assisting in implementing all issues
related to Industrial Relations and Labour or Employee-Management
- Liaising with Union and management on Industrial
Relations issues and practices, with a view to broadening the
understanding of Industrial law.
- Conduct staff recruitment, orientation, placement, promotions and separations as per Bank policies.
- Liaise, coordinate and monitor HR outsourced Agencies on any recruitment matters pertaining to Relief outsourced personnel.
- Conducting employee Career Development and Counselling through the use
of Career Path Analysis, i.e. Succession Plan, Promotion Policy.
- Providing guidance and advice to the Branches and departments on all
Human Resources issues and practices in accordance with Bank policies.
- Assist the Head of HR in Handling Disciplinary and Grievance matters of the Bank in accordance with the Banks Disciplinary Code.
- Provide monthly / quarterly statistics on staffing levels as and when requested by BOB and BOZ
- Updating information on total labour figures and costs, i.e.
recruitments, resignations, deaths, dismissals, accident reports,
and terminations as and when requested
- Filling all personal documents on staff files i.e. contracts, employment offer letters,
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (in general, namely Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Employee Focused
- Perseverance Skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Relationship Building Skills
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/ Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years in Human Resources in a busy organization or a multinational
- A minimum of 1-2 years of HR working experience with a Manufacturing Company in the FMCG sector will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding knowledge of Zambian Labour legislation and Compensation
- Proven experience in data Literacy and analytics
- Must be a member of ZIHRM
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy-in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE