The Accountant will be responsible for providing financial support to both the accounts receivables and payables ensuring to schedule payments, control expenses, cash management, scrutinise suppliers invoices for accuracy before payments are prepared and posted ensuring all business transactions are properly accounted and recorded including preparation of financial statements and conducting of monthly accounts closing activities and reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Take the lead in gathering and monitoring financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Manage all financial accounting activities for business operations.
- Develop financial statements for payroll processing, account reconciliations, account receivables, account payables, revenue, expenditure, etc.
- Co-ordinate the processing of all payments and ensure that properly authorized supporting documents are attached to the payment vouchers
- Ensure that all payments on accrued transactions are posted to respective accounts daily
- Maintain an accurate Creditors schedule, Debtors and other Ledger accounts in PASTEL and ensure these are reconciled daily with other Systems in place.
- Ensure that all direct bank transactions are posted to the Accounting system on the computer and that they are properly accounted for.
- Determine accounting errors or discrepancies and suggest necessary corrective action.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for future references.
- Help other departments in financial analysis and accounting tasks.
- Assist in account receivables and payables activities.
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles
- Perform month-end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- Prepare finance reports required for team meetings or as requested by management and customers.
- Reconcile Bank accounts monthly and ensure prompt action is taken on all issues highlighted by the reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly standing Journal entries for Salaries, Depreciation, Expense accruals etc for Posting into PASTEL and Present accurate and reconciled periodical trial balance as required from time to time
- Prepare and submit financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in preparing the necessary documentation for annual financial audits.
Required Skills and Competencies;
- Excellent Communication Skills both oral and writing
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Spreadsheet Proficiency
- Time management skills
- Ability to remain confidential
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Finalist or Full ACCA, CIMA or CA Zambia
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years progressive experience in Accounting
- Accounting FMCG working experience 0f 2-3 years will be a plus
- Proven Experience in Financial Reporting Standards
- Must be well vested in Navision, PASTEL and other Accounting Systems
- Must be a member of ZICA
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy-in email@example.com
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE