The Marketing and Public Relations Officer will provide support for all marketing, advertising and public relations activities. The PR Officer will also take part in developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media The Marketing and PR Officer will also manage media inquiries and interview requests.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Be responsible for the creation and execution of a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan.
- Managing the day to day business activities that need marketing, advertising and indeed public relations to counter any negative perception of the company and enlighten the public about the services, promotions and safety rules and procedures that the company provides to its clients
- Manage website updates and social media presence on behalf of the company.
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson in the absence of the PR Manager.
- Take Charge of Online/ Digital Marketing activities
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising through batter agreement
- Manage inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Make sure all documents, marketing materials and adverts are current, accurate and properly reflect the brand and desired messaging.
- Manage the Restaurant's Website
Required Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to create and assemble attractive marketing material
- Good organizational skills and attention to necessary details.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualification and Experience
- Degree / Advanced Diploma in Marketing or Public Relations and Advertising
- 4-5 years of PR and Marketing progressive work experience
- Must have worked in the Hospitality / Service Sector in the same capacity either in Marketing and PR
- Experience working with the Media and Advertising Agencies will be a plus
- Must be a member of either ZIM or ZAPRA
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE